Our Neighbourhood Community Grants
The Our Neighbourhood Community Grants program encourages organisations to apply for funding for projects that will help to build healthier, more vibrant and more inclusive communities across Australia.
In 2013, funding of one-off cash grant payments of between $1,000 and $25,000 were available for community projects or initiatives that met the theme of "inclusion" and supported disadvantaged audience groups within Australia.
The 2013 Our Neighbourhood Community Grant recipients have now been announced. Read about all of the organisations and see the variety of projects taking place in communities across Australia here.
The next round of Our Neighbourhood Community Grants will open in early 2014.
2013 Our Neighbourhood Community Grant applicants were required to demonstrate how their local project or initiative supported our central theme of 'inclusion' and fit within at least one of the below areas of focus:
- Providing all Australians with access to essential products and services - as well as the knowledge to use these services to connect in both the physical and digital world
- Maintaining a diverse, inclusive workplace that values the contribution made by people from varying backgrounds and neighbourhoods across our nation
- Investing in programs and activities that foster community spirit, connect communities and contribute to building a more inclusive Australia
- Providing support to Australian communities in times of preparedness for future or recovery from previous major crisis
- Local communities
- Regional and remote communities*
- Socially disadvantaged
- Indigenous Australians
- Culturally and linguistically diverse groups
- People living with a disability
- Small businesses (up to 20 employees)
Our Neighbourhood Community Grants form part of Australia Post's ongoing commitment to supporting the communities in which we operate.
* Regional and remote communities are defined as non-metropolitan areas that are outside of the capital cities and their surrounding suburbs.
Meet our winners
Learn about our grant winners and the types of projects we fund.Meet winners