How to apply
You can apply for an Our Neighbourhood Community Grant online or submit a paper-based application.
To view the details you need to submit, download:
Online applications Click to expand Click to collapse
The online application process will be managed by the Smarty Grants system management tool.
You can save your application and return to it at any time prior to submitting.
Closing date: Completed applications must be submitted online by 5pm (AWST) on Friday, 4 April 2014
Paper-based applications Click to expand Click to collapse
To obtain an application form:
- pick one up from an Australia Post retail outlet between 3 March and 4 April 2014
- email firstname.lastname@example.org
- call 1300 765 772 to have a kit sent to your address
Once completed, sign and post your application form to:
Program Manager: Our Neighbourhood Community Grants
Reply Paid 24393
Melbourne VIC 8060
A postage stamp is not required.
Closing date: Completed paper-based applications must be postmarked by Friday, 4 April 2014.
All applications must be submitted by 5pm (AWST), Friday 4 April 2014.
All information provided must be contained within the application form for both online and paper-based applications. We reserve the right to request further information, if required.
We will not review:
- faxed or emailed applications
Please note: We will not accept more than one application per project, per grant round. An organisation is welcome to submit more than one application, providing the projects are different.
National Relay Service and TTY users
If you are deaf or have a hearing or speech impairment, please email email@example.com or call the Our Neighbourhood Community Grants Hotline on 1300 765 772.
If you need documents to be translated into another language, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Our Neighbourhood Community Grants Hotline on 1300 765 772.
10 tips for a strong application Click to expand Click to collapse
- Give yourself enough time to gather the required information in order to submit your application by the deadline provided
- Make sure you read the application kit carefully - including eligibility criteria and guidelines - as this will assist you in the quality of your application and ensure your project meets our assessment criteria
- Follow all application instructions, adhere to word limits, and make sure you answer all the questions
- Ensure you complete all contact details as this enables the assessors to contact you if they have questions about your application
- Clearly identify how receiving a grant will meet a need in your community that will help foster inclusion
- Provide evidence/compelling reason for your organisation to receive the funding requested
- Ensure you have included your ABN and noted if you have DGR1 status (check at www.abr.gov.au)
- Keep your application short, sharp and succinct so it's easy to read, and remember to check spelling before submitting your application
- Ask someone unfamiliar with the project to read the application to check your information
- Ensure you've engaged the necessary stakeholders within your organisation before applying for this grant